Introducing the High Tech Tool line of “Quick Change” chuck jaws.
With the same goals in mind as the Quick-Change turret tooling, High Tech Tool developed the Quick Change
chuck jaw design;
• Shorter setup times. A single jaw insert change can be performed in about a minute.
• Jaws and inserts are hardened, providing excellent wear resistance. Soft jaws are available.
• Repeatability within .002
• Adaptable to virtually any make of machine chuck, allowing jaw inserts to be shared across different machines in your shop.
How it works:
A tongue and groove connection featuring ground surfaces and a diamond-dowel for positive location. The jaw
insert is clamped in place with a cone-point screw that makes up in a conical relief in the tongue of the jaw insert, pulling the insert against the top jaw. The ground surfaces of the jaw and top jaw ensure a rock-solid connection. The top jaw is unique to the machine, but the jaws inserts are universal. We can build top jaws for virtually any machine turret or tool changer. Here is a short list of a few machines we have built top jaws for;
Okuma Horizontal & VTL Bullard Cincinnati Cinturn 18U, 24U
Dainichi Heligenstat Homma
J&L Mazak Slant Turn 60N, Powermaster Monarch
Mori Seiki SL-600, SL-403B, SL-8 Motch Okuma
Olympia Sunstrand W&S 5A
High Tech Tool, Inc.
Okuma Horizontal & VTL
Mori Seiki SL-600, SL-403B, SL-8
Mazak Slant Turn 60N, Powermaster
Cincinnati Cinturn 18U, 24U
Jaws are available in a variety of configurations, including but not limited to;
• Jaws with carbide gripper pads
• Soft jaws
Please call us with your particular application. See Page 38 in our PDF Catalog. QUICK-CHANGE CHUCK JAWS To Order Call: 713-641-2303